Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Do Ya Ever Wonder?

I found this great website called Wonderopolis! It reminds me of something like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, or something Seuss came up with! I think the name just sparkles!

Ok, so back on track! This website has a different "Wonder" for each day. When you click on the wonder you can read more about it, watch videos, learn vocabulary, etc. I think that this is an amazing site to use with your kids as a story starter or just something fun to start the day off with. The cool thing is that the "wonders" aren't gender biased. For example, today's is Are Monster Trucks Scary? The kids can watch a cool video and read information about Monster Trucks. Then they have different conversation starters to get the kids thinking and collaborating. I have fallen in LOVE with this site and the kids absolutely love it. Best of all....it's free! 'Cause you know I'm a cheapskate! Because we all know teachers love free!!! Click below to let the wondering begin!

2 comments:

  1. Love this website. Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower---which means you're a recently discovered blog....which means............I've nominated you! :) You can go here to see what it's about. http://firstgradeandfabulous.blogspot.com/2012/01/versatile-blogger.html

    DeAnne
    First Grade and Fabulous

    ReplyDelete