Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wanna Trade?

So the year is almost over....10 MORE DAYS!!! But who's counting?

Anywho, as the year is winding down, I don't get to see my classes as much due to testing (blah) and other activities. So I need some quick, one hour or less lessons for my kiddos to do. I came across another wonderful activity on ReadWriteThink. First of all, if you haven't checked out this website GO...RIGHT NOW...I'll be right here waiting on you!

Now that you're back, this website if FULL to the rim of fun creative, and did I mention easy-peasy, activities for students. My third graders have been learning about Greek Mythology. So to add to their classroom fun, I had them create a Trading Card, on a specific god or goddess, using ReadWriteThink. They turned out SO NEAT! The students had a graphic organizer that I created for them to fill out so that when they got to filling in the card it would be much easier. It was super fun!. Most of my students finished in plenty of time, so they decided they wanted to make more. They made them on book characters, themselves, their friends, famous athletes, etc. This was one activity that I found made the kids want to work without even knowing it! And I mean, c'mon...we all love those kinds of things! The best part was that when they were finished we printed them out on cardstock, cut them out, and they had an "Official Greek Mythology" Trading Card. They were coming up with points, who trumps who...all kinds of stuff that I never would have thought of!

This is a lesson that can fit into any curriculum and the kids love it! Make sure to check it out by clicking below! What are some ideas you have on Trading Cards in the classroom?


No comments:

Post a Comment