Monday, October 17, 2011

Extra, Extra, Read All About It!!!

I was looking for some good digital story Web 2.0 tools and came across this great website! www.fodey.com On this website, students can type in a story and make it look like a newspaper clipping. I used it with my second graders recently. We watched a video on Christopher Columbus and talked about his voyage to America. Then the students because "reporters" for the Spanish Times! The website was so easy to use! They created a name for their paper, a date for when it was released (October 12th, 1492 for us of course!), a headline, and then typed their story! They came out so great! Here is an example:

I'm so excited to use this site with some of my other grade levels...the story possibilities are endless, and it's a neat way for the students to publish their work rather than just on plain white copy paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment