Monday, October 17, 2011

What are you searching for?

Many times I allow the children to use the Internet to research and find their own images to add to their projects. However, I am very weary of Google and Bing, simply for the fact that they are not filtered and nearly anything can come up by simply searching for french fries for example. I love Google for myself, and I use it often, but it makes me uncomfortable to let the children use it on their own. Therefore, I searched for some kid friendly search engines and came across searchenginewatch.com whichs lists quite a few good ones! Here's some to name a few...if you know of more, please add to my list!

Ask Jeeves for Kids
www.ajkids.com

Kids Click!
www.kidsclick.org

Looksmart's Kid Directory
http://search.netnanny.com/?pi=nnh3ch=kids

Yahooligans
www.yahooligans.com

No comments:

Post a Comment